At Puritan Whitecoat, we offer turn-key services, from pulling the cover to getting the pool filled to properly brushing and maintaining your pool chemicals. Our residential pool work is unparalleled in the industry and we are proud of our top-notch reputation throughout Northern Virginia. For more information, contact us or call us at 703-757-7269 and let us create your backyard oasis today!
Step 1 – Drain the pool and, if they need replacing, remove tile and/or coping
Step 2 – Check for soundness of existing plaster and remove any bad spots (delamination, “pops”, and surface cracks)
Step 3 – Prep existing plaster, cut and chip around tile lines and fittings for a flush transition between surfaces
Step 4 – Replace pool tile and/or coping and repair any other issues as requested
Step 5 – Skimming and other plumbing repairs and replacements as requested
Step 6 – Apply a bond coat to ensure maximum bond between old and new surface (e.g. Scratch Kote)
Step 7(Standard Pool Finish) –
- Crew blows on a 3/8 – 1/2″ thick marbelite pool finish
- Expert craftsmen hand trowel the surface 3-5 times, making it successively smoother
- On final pass, plaster is smoothed to National Plasterers Council standards (approximate equivalent to 200 grit sandpaper)
Step 7(Specialty Pool Finish) –
- Crew applies a 3/8 – 1/2″ thick specialty finish
- Expert craftsmen hand trowel surface (process varies by finish type)
- Finishing steps vary greatly. Some finishes, like Hydrazzo, are polished smooth with a water-driven, diamond buffing pad. Others, like Sunstone Select, are rinsed to expose a smooth, orange peel like textured aggregate.
Step 8 – Our crew leaves the pool filling, ready to have water trucked in or to be filled by hose